People are always looking for change for in lifestyle, surroundings, job etc. And in search of this change, we are often attracted towards moving to countries that give us greater opportunities to better our lives, money situation and increase our spending power. Countries like Australia, USA, New Zealand and Canada provide ample opportunities to migrate and own citizenship of that country as well as provide you with opportunities that will give you a better lifestyle.
Canada is such a country that is open to legal immigrants and is a popular destination among those who are looking to migrate to another country from the country that they are born in. Canada is much favourable with its ample land area of 9,900,000 km2 and with a population of almost 96 million residents. The government is stable, the society is democratic and its industrial and agricultural background makes it the seventh advanced nation in the world. This gives a lot of opportunities to individuals who have immigration to Canada on their minds.
The independent Immigrant system is based on the point system, where one can check as well as needs to fulfill the required number of points to legally migrate to the country of Canada. From 2003 the required points have been reduced from 75 to 67. And if you’re a resident of the UK your points reduce by 67 points. The reduction of points was done to attract skilled workers to the country. The category of Independent Immigration System is one of the most popular categories that people opt for when wanting to migrate to Canada. The Government of Canada tried to implement the reduction of points in 2002 itself since, its main intention being that there were already 10,000 immigrant cases that were pending. If a person fulfills atleast 67 points they can definitely establish themselves in Canada.
There are certain factors that are point based;
1. Education has a maximum of 25 points, if a person has obtained a PhD or a Master’s degree or even has 17 years of either a full time or its equivalent and it carries all 25 marks. The least points is 12 and is applicable if one has completed only a one year diploma, apprenticeship or trade certificate in Trade and has a minimum of 12 years or equivalent of it in study.
2. The second factor is ones ability to fulfill the English and French Language ability and has a maximum score of 24 points if you are fluent in both the languages. One can get 16 points if they know the main official language and 8 points if they know the second language.
3. The third factor is the working experience and one can gain a maximum of 21 points. The main qualifications are that one needs to have a minimum of 1 year of full time work experience in 10 years as a manager, skilled occupation or any other well known profession.
4. The Age factor carries 10 points and is applicable if you’re between 21-49.
5. Arranged employment carries 10 points e.g. if one is offered a job by the HRDC (Human Resources Development Canada).
6. Adaptability is 10 points, where your accompanying partner e.g. spouse, in-laws etc fulfills certain levels of education, have been educated in Canada, if they have worked, have extended family or arranged employment in the country.